Stout, Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry
- In a medium bowl whisk together beer, honey, tomato paste, mustard, caraway seed, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Place cabbage and carrots in a 2-quart baking dish; add 2 Tbsp. water. Microwave, covered, on 100% power (high) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once. Set aside; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a very large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes or until just slightly pink in the center. Remove beef from skillet; keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Pour beer mixture mixture into skillet. In a small bowl stir together the 2 Tbsp. water and flour; stir into onion and beer mixture. Return beef to skillet; cook and stir 3 minutes or until bubbling.
- Serve beef mixture with cabbage wedges and carrots. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Serve over mashed potatoes or brown rice.
Nutrition Facts (Stout, Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 532 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 17 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.