Oyster and Scallop Stew
- Thaw scallops and oysters, if frozen. Rinse scallops; pat dry. Set aside
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Cook green onions in hot drippings for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add the undrained oysters. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add scallops, half-and-half, sherry, salt, and pepper. Bring mixture just to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook and stir for 1 minute more or until scallops are opaque.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with bacon and basil. Makes 6 first-course servings.
Abigail Korbel 1695 Days Ago
First made this several times last cold weather season. This is delicious. Nice variation from traditional oyster stew. Great with the "Seven Fishes" traditional Italian event.