Stacked Bison Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Spicy Mayo
- In a large bowl combine first four ingredients (through salt). Add ground bison; mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties; lightly press centers to make dimples.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat 13 to 15 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning once.
- To serve, stack tomatoes and burgers. Top with Spicy Paleo Mayonnaise, Caramelized Onions, and basil.
From the Test Kitchen
Look for an all-purpose seasoning blend that does not have any added preservatives or fillers. McCormick Perfect Pinch is a good option.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes more or until golden.
Nutrition Facts (Stacked Bison Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Spicy Mayo)
- Per serving:
- 533 kcal ,
- 39 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 16 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 131 mg chol. ,
- 447 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 33 g pro.