- Place chicken in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl combine the next six ingredients (through sesame oil). Pour over chicken in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until chicken is done (170 degrees F). Use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove chicken to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- For sauce, strain cooking liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Remove bones from chicken breasts and cut each chicken breast in half crosswise. Serve chicken over rice. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with green onions and almonds.
From the Test Kitchen
Pressure Cooker Instructions
Place chicken in a 6-qt. multifunction electric or stove-top pressure cooker. In a small bowl combine the next six ingredients (through sesame oil). Pour over chicken in cooker. Lock lid in place. Set electric cooker on high pressure to cook 15 minutes. For stove-top cooker, bring up to pressure over medium-high heat; reduce heat enough to maintain steady (but not excessive) pressure. Cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat. For both models, let stand 15 minutes to release pressure naturally. Release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully.
Transfer chicken mixture to a plate; cover to keep warm. For sauce, strain cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into cooker. Bring liquid to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by about half (for electric cooker, use saute setting). Remove bones from chicken; cut each breast in half crosswise. Serve chicken over rice. Drizzle with sauce; sprinkle with green onions and almonds.
Nutrition Facts (Sriracha-Ginger Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 351 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 185 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 33 g pro.