Pressure Cooker Spring Vegetable Soup
- In the cooking bowl of a pressure/slow cooker combine half of the carrots, 2 cups of the onions, and the tomato. Add 1 cup vegetable broth. Close and lock lid. (Be sure the pressure regulator release valve is turned to pressure position and pressure control dial is set to high.) Press function button until pressure cook indicator light flashes red. Set timer button to 12 minutes. Press start button. Once pressure is 0 and five beeps sound, release pressure. Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to blender and process until smooth. Return to cooking bowl.
- Transfer mixture to blender; blend until smooth. Return to cooking bowl.
- Add remaining broth, vegetables, cumin, and white pepper. Close and lock lid. Press the function button until slow cook indicator light flashes red. Set time to 6 hours. Press the start button. When the timer sounds five beeps, the soup is done.
From the Test Kitchen
If carrots are thick, halve lengthwise.
Standard Slow Cooker Method
In a 4-quart slow cooker combine 1 cup 100 percent vegetable juice, 1 cup carrot juice and 4 cups vegetable broth. Add 1 tsp. ground white pepper. Add 1/2 lb. carrot chunks, 1 cup peeled pear onions, 8oz. trimmed green beans, and 8 oz. halved or quartered new potatoes.
Cook, covered, on high-heat setting for 3 hours or on low-heat setting for 6 hours.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 72 calories, 2 g protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 6 g total sugar, 211% Vitamin A, 32% Vitamin C, 498 mg sodium, 4% calcium, 5% iron
Nutrition Facts (Pressure Cooker Spring Vegetable Soup)
- Per serving:
- 86 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 453 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.