Spider Truffle Cookies
- In a food processor pulse chocolate sandwich cookies until finely chopped. Remove 1 1/3 cups cookie crumbs and set aside. Add cream cheese and salt to the remaining cookies in the food processor and process the mixture until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture into 24 balls* and set on a parchment- or waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine the purchased cookie dough with the reserved cookie crumbs. Divide the dough into 24 balls and transfer to two ungreased cookie sheets. Press the center of the balls with your thumb to create an indent. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately press indents with the back of a spoon. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute than transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, dip the chilled truffles in the melted chocolate. Immediately add two candy eyes, securing with additional melted chocolate, if needed. Chill truffles, if necessary, to set chocolate. Transfer remaining melted chocolate to a resealable plastic bag.
- Once cookies are cooled, top with a finished truffle. Snip the corner of the plastic bag and pipe 8 chocolate legs on the cookie around the truffle to resemble a spider.
From the Test Kitchen
For easy portioning of the truffle mixture, use a 2-teaspoon cookie scoop or pat the mixture into a 6x4-inch rectangle on a piece of waxed paper. Cut the mixture into 24 even pieces and then roll into balls.
Nutrition Facts (Spider Truffle Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 156 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 22 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.