Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce
- Lightly flour a baking sheet; set aside. For filling, in a large bowl combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onion, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- In a small bowl lightly beat together egg white and the 1 tablespoon water. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges with egg white mixture. Fold wrappers in half across filling, bringing opposite corners together. Pleat edges and press to seal. Arrange pot stickers on prepared baking sheet. Keep filled pot stickers covered while filling remaining wrappers.
- Loosely cover the pot stickers with plastic wrap and freeze about 3 hours or until completely frozen. Transfer pot stickers to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 2 months. Place Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 2 months.
- In an extra-large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the frozen pot stickers in the skillet, arranging them so they aren't touching. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely browned on the bottom. Carefully add the 1/2 cup water to the skillet. Cover. Reduce heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes more or until tender and filling is cooked through.
- While pot stickers are cooking, place the freezer bag with the sauce on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on 50 percent power (medium) about 30 seconds or until thawed. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve sauce with the pot stickers.
Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Chicken Pot Stickers with Ginger and Green Onion Dipping Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 244 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 36 mg chol. ,
- 974 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 20 g pro.
midlifecroissnt 649 Days Ago
So delicious! We love pot stickers in this house so I'm printing this recipe out!
Teri Morse Kilbourn 798 Days Ago
Where does the green sauce recipe come in on this recipe?