Spiced Maple Pull-Aparts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, generously grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans or dishes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and, if desired, espresso powder. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture into each prepared loaf pan; tilt pans to distribute sugar across the bottoms and along sides. Shake any excess brown sugar mixture back into the remaining brown sugar mixture. Set loaf pans and remaining brown sugar mixture aside. In a small bowl stir together butter and vanilla.
- Unroll breadstick dough and separate into 36 strips. Roll each strip into a spiral, starting from a short side.
- Dip each dough spiral into the butter mixture; roll in the brown sugar mixture to coat. Place 18 of the dough spirals in each loaf pan, arranging spirals in two layers in each pan. Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar mixture over the tops. Stir maple syrup into the remaining butter mixture; drizzle over spirals.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until puffed and brown. To prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool slightly on wire racks; serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake as directed. Cool completely in pans. Wrap pans tightly in foil. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days. To reheat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Leave foil on pans; heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until warm.
Nutrition Facts (Spiced Maple Pull-Aparts)
- Per serving:
- 239 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 410 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.
The whole process of rolling the breadstick dough, dipping in the butter and dredging in the sugar & spice is a little tedious, but well worth the effort!
I may request these for my birthday from here on and forevermore!!