Spice-Rubbed Chicken and Poblano Tacos
- Preheat broiler. Halve peppers lengthwise, removing seeds and stems. Arrange peppers, skin side up, and garlic in a foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the vegetable oil. Broil 4 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes or until blackened. Wrap in foil.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 2 Tbsp. oil, the chili powder, cumin, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Rub over chicken. Arrange in baking pan. Broil 4 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once. Remove and slice; cover to keep warm. Add cream to hot pan.
- Peel and slice peppers. Remove skin from garlic cloves; slice. Add peppers, garlic, and 1/2 tsp. salt to pan with cream. Broil 4 inches from heat 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly. Serve in tortillas.
Nutrition Facts (Spice-Rubbed Chicken and Poblano Tacos)
- Per serving:
- 344 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 79 mg chol. ,
- 319 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.
sallymajor1 243 Days Ago
I made these tacos b/c the photo was so enticing. Followed the recipe but finished the sauce on the stovetop since I was eating them the following day. They were tasty but needed a little kick so I added 3 chipotles in adobo to the sauce and topped them with cilantro and avocado. Took the dish from ho-hum to fantastic!
marnicjackson 360 Days Ago
I don't have ever have cream on hand. I put the roasted peppers and garlic in a shallow pan and added about 1/3 c fat free sour cream., mixed and heated gently. it was still delicious and heart healthy.
ALR9130795DW 310 Days Ago
Cant wait to try these tacos they look delious