- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine coriander, cumin, and caraway seeds in a small skillet and toast over low heat just until spices smell fragrant, about 2 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Transfer to a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind to a powder. Combine with olive oil and paprika. Place vegetables in a very large shallow baking pan and toss with oil mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small skillet heat coriander, cumin, and caraway seeds over low heat 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Transfer to a spice grinder or mortar and pestle; grind to a powder.
- Place ground spices in a small bowl; combine with olive oil and paprika. Place vegetables in an extra-large shallow baking pan; toss with oil mixture. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast 40 minutes or until tender and charred, turning once or twice. Serve topped with flowers.
From the Test Kitchen
If using red beets, dress separately with oil mixture and place in a separate baking pan to prevent bleeding onto other vegetables.
If using eggplant, add to baking pan during last 30 minutes of roasting.
Nutrition Facts (Spice-Roasted Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 214 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 132 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.