Southern Pork Tenderloin Salad
- Prepare Spicy Buttermilk Dressing; cover and chill. Prepare the Mini Corn Bread Muffins.
- In a small bowl combine first six ingredients (through pepper). Sprinkle meat with spice mixture; rub in with your fingers.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan. Place meat over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat 30 to 35 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145 degrees F. Remove meat from grill. Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Slice meat. On a large platter arrange meat slices and next six ingredients (through bacon). Serve with Spicy Buttermilk Dressing.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead
Prepare Mini Corn Bread Muffins; cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 24 hours. Prepare meat as directed in Step 1. Arrange salad ingredients, except meat, as directed in Step 4. Prepare Spicy Buttermilk Dressing. Cover and chill meat, salad platter, and dressing separately up to 24 hours. To serve, grill meat as directed in Step 3; slice meat. Arrange meat and mini muffins on salad platter. Serve with dressing.
Instead of preparing Spicy Buttermilk Dressing, use 1 cup bottled ranch salad dressing mixed with 1 tsp. purchased barbecue seasoning. Instead of making the spice mixture, substitute 2 Tbsp. purchased barbecue seasoning.
Corn Bread Cubes:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Prepare batter for Mini Corn Bread Muffins as directed, except spread in prepared baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Cut corn bread into cubes.
Spicy Buttermilk Dressing
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, green onion, chili powder, honey, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper.
Mini Corn Bread Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease twenty-four 1 3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside. In a medium bowl combine muffin mix, milk, and egg. Stir in corn and cheese. Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; cool completely on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts (Southern Pork Tenderloin Salad)
- Per serving:
- 492 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 189 mg chol. ,
- 964 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.