Southwest Fiesta Soup
- Cook ground beef in an extra-large skillet until beef is brown. Drain off fat. Place beef in a 5- to 6-quart cooker. Stir in onions, peppers, salsa, and black beans.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate half of the beef mixture for up to 24 hours.
- Place chilled beef mixture into a large saucepan. Stir in chicken broth, hominy and hash brown potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls to serve; if desired, top with sour cream, snipped fresh cilantro, and chopped bottled roasted red sweet peppers. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Use half of the beef mixture for Zesty Beef Medley.
Nutrition Facts (Southwest Fiesta Soup)
- Per serving:
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 856 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 11 g pro.
Catherine Burnett 1475 Days Ago
what is the calorie count for this soup? i see all the nutrition info listed, but not the cal count. thanks!