Butternut Squash Soup with Ravioli
- Peel squash. Halve lengthwise. Remove seeds and discard. Cut squash into 3/4-inch pieces.
- In a large saucepan, combine squash, broth, water, and cayenne pepper. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Transfer one-fourth of the squash-and-broth mixture to a blender container. Carefully blend, covered, until smooth. Repeat until all of the mixture is blended.
- Return blended mixture to large saucepan. Bring just to boiling. Immediately reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the margarine or butter, stirring until just melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ravioli according to package directions. Drain. Ladle hot squash mixture into bowls. Divide cooked ravioli among bowls. If desired, drizzle with molasses. Makes 5 side-dish servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare soup as directed, except do not add ravioli. Cool soup. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator up to 2 days or label and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, transfer frozen soup to a large saucepan. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through, stirring often. Cook ravioli as directed and serve with soup as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Butternut Squash Soup with Ravioli)
- Per serving:
- 259 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 52 mg chol. ,
- 933 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 10 g pro.