Recipes and Cooking Smoked Salmon Egg White Omelet 5.0 (1) Start your day with a dose of protein and vitamins via a Smoked Salmon Egg White Omelet. Pair this egg white recipe with a side of whole-wheat toast for a well-balanced, nutritious breakfast. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 1, 2014 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 1 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 3 egg whites, 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, or 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed ½ teaspoon snipped fresh dill ⅛ teaspoon salt Dash bottled hot pepper sauce ½ teaspoon olive oil 1 tablespoon desired-flavor semisoft cheese ¾ ounce thinly sliced smoked salmon (lox-style) ¼ cup broccoli florets, cooked until tender (optional) Snipped fresh dill 1 tablespoon sour cream Directions In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl combine egg whites, the 1/2 teaspoon dill, the salt, and hot pepper sauce. Beat with a fork until combined, but not frothy. In an 8-inch nonstick skillet with flared sides heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg white mixture into skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around edges of skillet, lifting egg white mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg white mixture is set but is still shiny. Top half of the omelet with cheese, salmon, and, if desired, broccoli. Lift and fold the unfilled half of omelet over filling. Gently slide omelet out of skillet onto a plate. Sprinkle with additional dill and serve with sour cream. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 180 Calories 12g Fat 2g Carbs 16g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 1 Calories 180 % Daily Value * Total Fat 12g 15% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 26mg 9% Sodium 982mg 43% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Total Sugars 1g Protein 16g Vitamin C 0.4mg 2% Calcium 33mg 3% Iron 0.3mg 2% Potassium 218mg 5% Folate, total 5.7mcg Vitamin B-12 0.8mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.