Smoked Ham, Leek, and Gruyere Galettes
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook about 20 minutes or until leek is very soft but not browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir wine and mustard into leek mixture. Continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes more or until the wine has evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir in sweet pepper, marjoram, salt, and black pepper. Cool slightly. Stir in cheese and ham.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Let pie crusts stand according to package directions. Unroll one of the pie crusts onto a large ungreased baking sheet. Spoon half of the leek mixture onto center of piecrust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold uncovered pastry edge up and over leek mixture, pleating as necessary. Leave the filling in the center uncovered. Repeat with remaining piecrust or pastry and leek mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crusts are golden brown. Cool galettes on baking sheets on wire racks. Place in boxes. Store in the refrigerator. Attach directions for reheating.
From the Test Kitchen
For a crisp bottom crust, bake the galettes, one at a time, on the oven rack closest to the bottom of the oven.
TO REHEAT GALETTE:
Unwrap galette and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Wrap cooled galettes in plastic wrap and foil or place in a freezer container and cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, if frozen.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Ham, Leek, and Gruyere Galettes)
- Per serving:
- 222 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 22 mg chol. ,
- 378 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.