Smoked Chicken and Asparagus Strata
- In a large skillet cook onion and sweet pepper in hot butter over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus and the 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl; let cool slightly.
- Add smoked chicken and mayonnaise to the vegetable mixture; mix well. In another bowl whisk together milk, the 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, the eggs, chives, mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Lightly grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spread half of the focaccia cubes in the prepared dish; top evenly with the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining focaccia cubes evenly over the chicken mixture. Carefully pour egg mixture over all. Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Before baking, let strata stand for 15 minutes at room temperature. Uncover; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and light brown. Sprinkle with Havarti cheese; bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
From the Test Kitchen
Make this bake ahead of time, by prepping it the night before. Prepare as directed, then pop in the oven overnight. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Before baking, let strata stand for 15 minutes at room temperature. Uncover; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and light brown. Sprinkle with Havarti cheese; bake about 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
Nutrition Facts (Smoked Chicken and Asparagus Strata)
- Per serving:
- 281 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 158 mg chol. ,
- 1215 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 20 g pro.