Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie
- Line a 6-quart oval slow cooker with nonstick pan lining paper. Transfer Pastry Crust to prepared cooker (pastry should extend 2 to 3 inches up the sides). Use a fork to press top of pastry to lining paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth. Pour into crust in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high about 3 1/2 hours or until a knife comes out clean, giving crockery liner a half-turn halfway through, if possible. Turn off cooker. Let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- For more browning, preheat broiler. Use lining paper to transfer pie to a baking sheet; remove paper. Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Cool pie on a wire rack. Cover and chill within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and nutmeg
From the Test Kitchen
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
- In a bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour, gradually adding water until dough begins to come together. Gather it into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie)
- Per serving:
- 386 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 125 mg chol. ,
- 400 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.