Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa
- Place tomatoes in a colander; drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Brush pineapple with oil. Arrange pineapple, half at a time, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown, turning once. (Or working in batches, cook pineapple in a grill pan over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until light brown, turning once.) Chop pineapple.
- Remove 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lime. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine tomatoes, pineapple, lime zest and juice, and the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Ladle into half-pint canning jars. Seal and label. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 23 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 52 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.