Slow Cooker Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pecans in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake 5 minutes or until light brown; cool.
- Line a 6-quart oval slow cooker with nonstick pan lining paper. Transfer Pastry Crust to prepared cooker (pastry should extend 2 to 3 inches up the sides). Use a fork to press top of pastry to lining paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust in cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until filling is puffed and set,* giving crockery liner a half-turn halfway through, if possible. (Center may be slightly wet.) Turn off cooker. Let stand, uncovered, 1 hour.
- For more browning, preheat broiler. Use lining paper to transfer pie to a baking sheet; remove paper. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Cool pie on a wire rack. Cover and chill within 2 hours.
From the Test Kitchen
Pastry may fall into the filling during cooking.
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
- In a bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour, gradually adding water until dough begins to come together. Gather it into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Pecan Pie)
- Per serving:
- 734 kcal ,
- 40 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 17 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 129 mg chol. ,
- 325 mg sodium ,
- 92 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 71 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.