Slow Cooker Chilaquiles
- In a large skillet cook the first four ingredients (through garlic) over medium-high heat until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Line a 31/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Combine the next four ingredients (through broth) in cooker. Add meat mixture, broken tostada shells, and the cheese. Stir just to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, giving the crockery liner a half-turn halfway through cooking, if possible. Remove crockery liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let stand, uncovered, 30 minutes before serving.
- If desired, top with cherry tomatoes, sliced chiles, sour cream, cilantro, and/or salsa, and serve with additional broken tostada shells or tortilla chips.
From the Test Kitchen
For a 5- or 6-quart cooker, double all ingredients, except use 3 cloves garlic. Makes 12 to 14 servings.
For Easy Cleanup:
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Pressure Cooker Instructions
In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker use the saute setting to cook beef, pork, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until meat is browned. Drain any fat. For stove-top cookers, cook directly in the pot over medium-high heat. Stir in beans, enchilada sauce, broth, olives, and tostada shells. Lock lid in place. Set electric cookers on high pressure to cook 1 minute. (For stove-top cookers, bring up to pressure over medium-high heat according to manufacturer's directions. Remove from heat once pressure is reached.) For electric and stove-top models, release pressure quickly. Open lid carefully. Stir in cheese; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, top servings with tomatoes, chile peppers, salsa, sour cream, and/or cilantro and serve with additional broken tostada shells or tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Chilaquiles)
- Per serving:
- 555 kcal ,
- 33 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 108 mg chol. ,
- 1074 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.