Recipes and Cooking Slow Cooker Meals Slow Cooker Chicken Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie 3.5 (58) 2 Reviews Dinners don't get more comforting than this! Take the stress our of Chicken Pot Pie by preparing the stew portion in your slow cooker, then top with premade pie crust. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on January 14, 2014 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 45 mins Slow Cook Time: 6 hrs Total Time: 6 hrs 45 mins Servings: 8 Yield: 8 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed 1 ¾ teaspoon poultry seasoning ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 2 tablespoon vegetable oil 3 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces 2 cup chicken broth 1 ½ cup sliced carrots (3 medium) 1 ½ cup sliced celery (3 stalks) 1 cup chopped leeks (3 medium) or chopped onion (1 large) 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk ½ of a 15-ounce package (1 crust) rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust Directions In a large resealable plastic bag combine 1/4 cup of the flour, the thyme, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, half at a time, shaking to coat. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook about 5 minutes or until brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chicken. Add broth, carrots, celery, leeks, and mushrooms to chicken in cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen peas. In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/4 cup flour and the half-and-half; stir into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until thickened. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Unroll piecrust. Press or roll piecrust into an 11-inch circle; cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on an ungreased large baking sheet. Prick each wedge several times with a fork. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until light brown. To serve, top each serving of chicken mixture with a baked piecrust wedge. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 439 Calories 20g Fat 27g Carbs 37g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 439 % Daily Value * Total Fat 20g 26% Saturated Fat 7g 35% Cholesterol 177mg 59% Sodium 632mg 27% Total Carbohydrate 27g 10% Total Sugars 3g Protein 37g Vitamin C 7.4mg 37% Calcium 77mg 6% Iron 2.6mg 14% Potassium 681mg 14% Folate, total 51.1mcg Vitamin B-12 1.2mcg Vitamin B-6 0.9mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.