Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine 1/4 cup of the flour, the thyme, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, half at a time, shaking to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook about 5 minutes or until brown, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chicken. Add broth, carrots, celery, leeks, and mushrooms to chicken in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen peas. In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/4 cup flour and the half-and-half; stir into mixture in cooker. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Unroll piecrust. Press or roll piecrust into an 11-inch circle; cut into eight wedges. Place wedges on an ungreased large baking sheet. Prick each wedge several times with a fork. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until light brown.
- To serve, top each serving of chicken mixture with a baked piecrust wedge.
Nutrition Facts (Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie)
- Per serving:
- 439 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 177 mg chol. ,
- 632 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.
t34sos4933egma 59 Days Ago
Too much sat.fat,sodium,sugar. I'm 75 love pot pie all year. I like the 'natural' taste of veggies and meats,use little or no seasonings.
kalimags19589408 339 Days Ago
Oh my gosh this is yummy Its not all that difficult and make sure you use the pie crust for added YUM