Recipes and Cooking Slow Cooker Beer and Cheddar Fondue Be the first to rate & review! Ready for game day? This super cheesy fondue cooks right in your slow cooker, and combines two of our favorite game day foods! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on August 28, 2017 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 20 mins Stand Time: 30 mins Total Time: 20 mins Yield: 4 1/2 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces) 2 cup shredded American cheese (8 ounces) 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1 clove garlic, halved (optional) 2 cup beer 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules Nonstick cooking spray or disposable slow cooker liner Desired dippers (such as French or Italian bread pieces, soft pretzels, breadsticks, red sweet pepper pieces, broccoli florets, and/or carrot sticks) Beer and Cheddar Fondue with Sausage 8 ounce bulk Italian or pork sausage Directions Tailgate day: In a large bowl combine cheddar cheese and American cheese. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with flour; toss gently to coat. If desired, rub the bottom and side of a large saucepan with garlic halves; discard garlic. In the saucepan combine beer and bouillon granules. Bring to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually stir in cheese mixture, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted. Coat a 1 1/2-quart slow cooker with a car adapter with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. Pour cheese mixture into the prepared cooker. Tightly cover slow cooker and tote in an insulated carrier. If using vegetable dippers, tote them in an insulated cooler with ice packs. At the tailgating site, plug slow cooker into car adapter and keep fondue warm on warm-heat setting. (Fondue will keep warm, covered, on warm-heat setting for up to 4 hours.) Stir fondue before serving. Serve with desired dippers. Beer and Cheddar Fondue with Sausage Prepare as directed through Step 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bulk Italian or pork sausage over medium-high heat until brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. Stir sausage into melted cheese mixture. Tote and serve as directed. Must-have equipment: 1 1/2-quart slow cooker with a car adapterInsulated carrierInsulated cooler with ice packs (optional) Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 140 Calories 10g Fat 2g Carbs 8g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 140 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10g 13% Saturated Fat 6g 30% Cholesterol 32mg 11% Sodium 350mg 15% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Protein 8g Calcium 212mg 16% Iron 0.2mg 1% Potassium 48mg 1% Folate, total 8.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0.2mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.