Slice-and-Bake Sugar Cookie Wreaths
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape dough into a 1-inch-diameter log. Roll the log in green colored sugar to coat; wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm. Cut into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange overlapping slices in wreath shapes on cookie sheet. If desired, sprinkle with additional green colored sugar. Place wreaths 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are very light brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- If desired, tie pieces of red pull-apart twist candy into bows and attach to wreaths with small amounts of purchased frosting.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Slice-and-Bake Sugar Cookie Wreaths )
- Per serving:
- 74 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 15 mg chol. ,
- 49 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.