Skirt Steak Tacos with Rajas (Creamy Poblanos and Onions)
- Rub both sides of meat with lime juice. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. of the salt and the cumin.
- For rajas, in a large skillet heat 2 tsp. of the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes or until tender and starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add next five ingredients (through oregano) and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes or thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet heat remaining 2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add meat, cutting to fit if needed. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until medium-rare (145 degrees F), turning once. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Fill tortillas with meat, rajas, and, if desired, toppings.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Nutrition Facts (Skirt Steak Tacos with Rajas (Creamy Poblanos and Onions))
- Per serving:
- 464 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 90 mg chol. ,
- 632 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.