Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a resealable plastic bag combine olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp; chill 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely shred peel from lime; juice lime. For lime slaw, in a large bowl combine the lime peel, lime juice, cabbage, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt; set aside. In a small bowl combine sour cream and chipotle pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas in foil.
- Thread shrimp on 10-inch metal skewers.* On a covered grill, grill tortilla packet directly over medium heat for 5 minutes; turning once. Add shrimp to grill; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until opaque, turning halfway through grilling. Remove tortilla packet from grill. Remove shrimp from skewers.
- To serve, spread tortillas with sour cream mixture. Top with lime slaw and shrimp. Sprinkle with cilantro and pass lime wedges, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before using.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Tacos with Lime Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 233 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 131 mg chol. ,
- 319 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 18 g pro.
carol5207 568 Days Ago
This was excellent. Used green cabbage instead of red as that was all I had. The flavor of the chipotle pepper was a perfect match for this dish.
cgeisel 712 Days Ago
Very good, but the nutritional information is not at all accurate.
kathieh725 266 Days Ago
This was a great taco. I used a different sauce for the slaw because we prefer a sweeter dressing.