Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Thaw shrimp; if frozen. Set aside. In a large skillet cook prosciutto over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- To the same skillet add butter and olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, about 1 minute. Add shrimp, wine, lemon juice, and salt; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque, stirring occasionally. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon; cover and keep warm.
- Continue to gently boil liquid in skillet, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced to about 1 cup. Stir in tomato, parsley, and thyme. Cook 1 minute. Return shrimp to skillet and toss gently to coat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top pasta with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with crisp prosciutto.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above, except substitute 12 oz. sea scallops for shrimp.
Nutrition analysis per serving: same as above except 437 calories, 24 g protein, 50 g carbohydrate, 9 g total fat, 38 mg cholesterol, 8% Vitamin A, 13% Vitamin C, 455 mg sodium, 3% calcium, 15% iron
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Scampi Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 425 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 129 mg chol. ,
- 407 mg sodium ,
- 48 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.