Shrimp Fajita Grill Breads
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle shrimp with lime seasoning blend. Thread shrimp onto long metal skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between shrimp. Set aside.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place sweet pepper and onion on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning once halfway through grilling. Add shrimp skewers, zucchini, tomatoes, and jalapeno pepper for the last 3 to 5 minutes of grilling or until shrimp are opaque and vegetables are tender, turning once halfway through grilling. Remove from grill.
- Place flatbreads on grill rack. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from grill. Spread browned sides of flatbreads with cheese.
- Peel and seed jalapeno pepper.** Chop jalapeno pepper, sweet pepper, onion, zucchini, and tomatoes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the 2 tablespoons cilantro, the salt, and black pepper; toss gently to combine.
- To serve, top flatbreads with pepper mixture and shrimp. Return flatbreads to grill rack. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes more or until toppings are heated through and bottoms of flatbreads are lightly browned. Cut each flatbread in half. Garnish with additional cilantro.
From the Test Kitchen
If you can't find flatouts flat breads, you could use regular flatouts, or flour tortillas.
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp Fajita Grill Breads)
- Per serving:
- 227 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 164 mg chol. ,
- 594 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.