Shrimp and Sausage PoBoy with Quick Remoulade
- For remoulade, in a food processor combine mayonnaise, pimento, ketchup, onion, celery, parsley, capers, and mustard. Cover and process until blended. Cover and chill.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Thread shrimp and sausage slices sideways onto six 8-inch skewers* by threading each sausage piece between two shrimp, nesting the sausage pieces into the curves of the shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp and sausage with Cajun seasoning; lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, grease grill rack. Place skewers on the rack of the covered grill directly over medium-high heat. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Transfer to a platter.
- Drizzle cut sides of rolls with some of the remoulade. Slide the shrimp and sausage from one skewer onto each roll bottom, removing skewer. Top with lettuce, pickle slices, tomato slices, and, if desired, more of the remoulade.** Add roll tops.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Store any extra remoulade in an airtight container for up to one week.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp and Sausage PoBoy with Quick Remoulade)
- Per serving:
- 484 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 116 mg chol. ,
- 1554 mg sodium ,
- 56 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.