Shrimp and Rice Bowls
- In a small saucepan bring the water and salt to boiling. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp; pat dry. In a medium bowl sprinkle shrimp with coriander, ginger, pepper, and nutmeg; toss to coat.
- In a large wok or nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until opaque. Remove shrimp; keep warm. Add cabbage and onion to wok. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Divide cabbage mixture among bowls. Top with rice mixture, edamame, and shrimp. Drizzle with warm Peanut Sauce and, if desired, garnish with lime wedges, chopped peanuts, and/or crushed red pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
If using frozen edamame, add to the simmering rice for the last 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, the water, honey, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over medium-low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Cool slightly. If needed, stir in additional water to reach desired consistency. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp and Rice Bowls)
- Per serving:
- 365 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 119 mg chol. ,
- 404 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.