Sheet Pan Beef & Sweet Potatoes with Gremolata
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl combine oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Place sweet potatoes in prepared roasting pan. Add half of the oil mixture; toss to coat. Roast 10 minutes. Meanwhile, spread remaining oil mixture over beef.
- Stir sweet potatoes and push to edges of roasting pan. Place meat in center of pan. Roast 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; roast 10 to 15 minutes more or until meat registers 135 degrees F for medium-rare or 150 degrees F for medium. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes before slicing meat (the meat's temperature will rise 10 degrees F during standing). Sprinkle with Chopped Parsley Topping before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Beef Tenderloin and Sweet Potato Pan Roast
Substitute one 1-lb. center-cut beef tenderloin roast for the beef tenders. Prepare as directed, except do not roast sweet potatoes before adding meat. Place tenderloin in center of prepared roasting pan. Roast 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare (135 degrees F) or 40 to 45 minutes for medium (150 degrees F), adding sweet potatoes the last 25 minutes and tomatoes the last 10 minutes. Cover with foil; let stand 10 minutes before slicing meat. The temperature of the meat will rise 10 degrees F during standing. Serve as directed.
Nutrition analysis per serving same as above except: 343 calories, 27 g protein, 15 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 8 g mono fat, 22% iron
Look for beef shoulder petite tenders that are similar in shape to pork tenderloin, but smaller. Don't choose those that are labeled as medallions or slices.
Chopped Parsley Topping
- In a small bowl stir together parsley, orange peel, garlic and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Sheet Pan Beef & Sweet Potatoes with Gremolata)
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 64 mg chol. ,
- 487 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.