Sesame-Ginger Beef Stir-Fry
- If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together chicken broth, ginger, cornstarch, garlic, coriander, and crushed red pepper; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok.
- Add beef strips to hot wok. (Lightly coat unheated skillet with nonstick cooking spray if necessary). Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center. Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to wok; stir to coat all ingredients with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately with rice. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seed.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast sesame seeds, scatter them in a dry small skillet and heat over medium heat just until golden. Stir frequently so they don't burn.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame-Ginger Beef Stir-Fry)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 36 mg chol. ,
- 212 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.