Sesame Garlic Beef Tacos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Heat tortillas in oven 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain fat and set beef aside.
- Add sesame oil to skillet. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds over medium heat or until lightly browned. Stir in crushed red pepper. Stir in soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet; heat through.
- To serve, spoon beef onto tortillas. Top with Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Slaw. Serve with lime wedges and chile sauce.
Quick Pickled Cucumbers and Slaw
- In a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt. Add cucumber and cabbage. Stir to combine. Let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 6 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame Garlic Beef Tacos)
- Per serving:
- 500 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 75 mg chol. ,
- 1062 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
ltemple99 373 Days Ago
Ok, this is seriously good and so easy to make! As long as you have ingredients on-hand (sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, the cabbage), you're golden. This is easily, an under-30-mins to get on the table.
hmdewine 411 Days Ago
My husband added a bit of peanut butter to the meat sauce and it was a geat addition! We like using hot sauce instead of pepper flakes in this to spread the flavor out, since it's a quick dish. The toasted sesame oil is a must! Don't overmarinate the veg, you want to keep them crispy.
jacks011 415 Days Ago
love this recipe!
rainechief 450 Days Ago
Excellent combination of flavors! I couldn't find my red pepper flakes after I got that far in, so I used a few dashes of a Mexican hot sauce. (I'm sure the flakes will show up before the next round!) And seriously, I could - and did - eat the quick pickle cukes & cabbage all by itself
Doral Zadorkin Allen 715 Days Ago
I'm with Karen Olson-Russell: great and super-easy. Our tortillas weren't very warm after just 10 minutes in the oven, though. We'll probably keep them in the oven for at least 15 minutes next time (and remember to put the plates in a separate oven to warm up!). My husband, who doesn't really like cucumbers, actually said how much he loved the pickled cucumbers and cabbage over the meat: "This is perfect!" I believe were his exact words! Remember to use a mandolin to slice the cucumbers. :-)
Elizabeth Sloan 1072 Days Ago
I pulled this out of the magazine and realized I had all of the ingredients. It was so easy to make and delicious. I have made this recipe with ground turkey, pulled chicken, and tofu all have been delicious substitutes!
Karen Olson-Russell 1140 Days Ago
This was great and super easy. I might try with ground turkey next time.