Seared Steak and Peppers with Cilantro Chimichurri
- Season steak with salt and pepper; set aside. Heat a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add poblano peppers, onion, sweet pepper, and a large pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes without stirring. Cook 5 minutes more, stirring once, or until vegetables are lightly charred and tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the skillet. Add steak. Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until medium-rare (145 degrees F), turning once halfway through. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
- For Cilantro Chimichurri: In a small bowl combine cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oregano, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Stir in 2 tsp. oil. Slice steak; serve with pepper-onion mixture and chimichurri.
From the Test Kitchen
Or use beef hanger steak and cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once. Or use beef skirt steak and cook 6 to 9 minutes, turning once.
Or for a gas or charcoal grill, place steak on a grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill 17 to 21 minutes for flank steak, 17 to 21 minutes for hanger steak or 6 to 9 minutes for skirt steak
Nutrition Facts (Seared Steak and Peppers with Cilantro Chimichurri)
- Per serving:
- 402 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 111 mg chol. ,
- 312 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 38 g pro.