Tuna Spinach Braid
- For filling, stir together spinach, tuna, ricotta or cottage cheese, the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and the garlic; set aside.
- Unroll and separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles. On an ungreased baking sheet or shallow baking pan, place rectangles together overlapping edges slightly, for a 14x10-inch rectangle. Firmly press edges and perforations together to seal.
- Spread filling in a 3-1/2-inch-wide strip, lengthwise down the center of dough. Top with provolone, cutting cheese as necessary to cover the filling.
- Make cuts in dough at 1-inch intervals on both long sides of rectangle just to the edge of the filing. Fold dough strips diagonally over filling, overlapping strips and alternating from side to side to give a braided appearance.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. If desired, serve with chopped tomatoes and additional grated Parmesan cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2-1/2 fat, 4 lean meat.
Nutrition Facts (Tuna Spinach Braid)
- Per serving:
- 480 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 56 mg chol. ,
- 1139 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 34 g pro.