Thai Tuna Kabobs
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 1-inch cubes; set aside. For marinade, in a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons cilantro, peppers, lemon or lime peel, lemon or lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds; set aside.
- On 8 metal or wooden* skewers, alternately thread tuna**, onion wedges, and zucchini. Arrange skewers on a platter or in a shallow pan. Remove 1/4 cup of the marinade and brush over skewers. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Cover and chill remaining marinade mixture.
- For a charcoal grill, grill skewers on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until tuna flakes easily when tested with a fork but is still slightly pink inside, turning occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
- Transfer kabobs to serving platter; sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve with remaining marinade as sauce. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak for 1 hour before using.
Thread tuna on skewer perpendicular to the grain of the fish.
Nutrition Facts (Thai Tuna Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 43 mg chol. ,
- 58 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.