Swordfish in Chili Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Discard any skin and bones. In a medium bowl stir together fish, sherry, and salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, bean sauce or paste, sugar, and bouillon granules. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry ginger in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add red and yellow sweet peppers; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add fish to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily, being careful not to break up pieces. Push fish from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Add bamboo shoots and green onions. Gently stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours before cooking.
Nutrition Facts (Swordfish in Chili Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 34 mg chol. ,
- 737 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 21 g pro.