Sweet Potato Catfish with Andouille Cream Drizzle
- Scrub sweet potatoes thoroughly with a brush; pat dry. Prick several times with tines of a fork. Roast in a 425 degree F oven for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender. Cool just until potatoes can be handled easily. Peel potatoes. Meanwhile, prepare Andouille Cream Drizzle and keep warm over low heat.
- In medium bowl combine sweet potatoes, mayonnaise or salad dressing, bread crumbs, and 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Beat with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher just until smooth; set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle fish with salt, 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and pepper. Spread one-fourth of the potato mixture over each fillet. In 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish fillets, potato side up. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish nearly flakes with a fork and is browned around the edges. Transfer fish to an unheated broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and fish flakes easily. Meanwhile, prepare Steamed Spinach. Spoon spinach onto dinner plates. Place catfish on top of spinach and drizzle with Andouille Cream Drizzle. Garnish with green onions. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare Andouille Cream Drizzle; cover and chill in the refrigerator up to 24 hours. Transfer to saucepan; heat over low heat just until warm, stirring constantly.
If you like, skip cooking the fresh sweet potatoes and substitute 1-1/3 cups mashed canned sweet potatoes.
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot. Add water so that it just comes up to the bottom of the basket. Bring to boiling. Add spinach, torn. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or just until wilted.
Andouille Cream Drizzle
- In medium skillet cook the andouille or other smoked sausage until lightly browned. Stir in Creole seasoning and honey. Add bourbon, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in whipping cream. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Sweet Potato Catfish with Andouille Cream Drizzle)
- Per serving:
- 733 kcal ,
- 50 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 152 mg chol. ,
- 595 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 33 g pro.