Shrimp in Cilantro Sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp; rinse. Set shrimp aside.
- For green sauce, in a medium skillet cook tomatillos, onion, garlic, and jalapeno or serrano pepper in hot oil for about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Cool slightly.
- Place tomatillo mixture in a blender container or food processor bowl; add chicken broth, cilantro, and parsley. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Return mixture to skillet and heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook shrimp in boiling water for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain well. Toss cooked shrimp with sauce.
- To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over rice. If desired, garnish with tomato wedges and additional cilantro. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare the sauce as directed in Steps 2 and 3, except do not return the sauce to the skillet. Cover and chill the sauce for up to 2 days. To serve, place in a covered saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot.
Double the recipe to serve 4. Use a large skillet to cook the tomatillo mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Shrimp in Cilantro Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 119 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 131 mg chol. ,
- 252 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 15 g pro.