Sesame Salmon Skewers with Asian Slaw
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut salmon into 1-inch cubes. Place in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry vinegar, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Add to salmon. Seal bag and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain salmon and discard marinade. Thread salmon on twelve 4-inch bamboo skewers,* leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces.
- For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling time. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on a grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Serve immediately over Asian Slaw. Sprinkle sesame seed over all. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
* If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with salmon to prevent them from burning on the grill.
Nutrition Facts (Sesame Salmon Skewers with Asian Slaw)
- Per serving:
- 449 kcal ,
- 33 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 14 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 67 mg chol. ,
- 1276 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.