Scallops with Pea Pods and Corn
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, sherry, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and bouillon granules. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry fresh pea pods (if using) and corn in hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add scallops to the hot wok. Stir-fry about 2 minutes or until scallops turn opaque. Push scallops from the center of the wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Add thawed frozen pea pods (if using), tomatoes, and green onions. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Scallops with Pea Pods and Corn)
- Per serving:
- 247 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 43 mg chol. ,
- 833 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 17 g pro.