Poached Salmon with Caper Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a 10-inch skillet combine chicken broth, wine, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Place fish in skillet; place lemon slices atop fish.
- Cover and simmer for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fish and lemon; keep fish warm. Discard lemon.
- Gently boil broth mixture, uncovered, until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 2 minutes).
- Stir together water and cornstarch; stir into broth mixture. Stir in capers. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Divide zucchini among four individual plates. Arrange salmon on zucchini. Spoon sauce over salmon. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Poached Salmon with Caper Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal
- 10 g
- 70 mg
- 246 mg
- 2 g
- 26 g