Low-Calorie Shrimp Creole
- In a large saucepan bring the 4 cups water to boiling; add shrimp. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 1 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet combine the onion, green pepper, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Do not drain.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, bouillon granules, sugar, thyme, and bottled hot pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; stir into skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Add shrimp; heat through. Combine rice and parsley. Serve shrimp mixture with rice mixture. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Low-Calorie Shrimp Creole)
- Per serving:
- 290 kcal
- 2 g
- 140 mg
- 680 mg
- 43 g
- 26 g