- In a medium saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour and salt. Add the milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in lobster, dry sherry, white or black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- Heat through. Serve over English muffin halves. If desired, garnish with snipped chives.
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Milk
Nutrition Facts (Lobster Newburg)
- Per serving:
- 223 kcal
- 6 g
- (1 g
- 149 mg
- 629 mg
- 22 g
- 1 g
- 19 g