Grilled Bass with Star Fruit Salsa
- In a dry skillet cook cumin seed over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted, shaking the skillet frequently. Set cumin seed aside. For garnish, slice half of a star fruit; cover and refrigerate. Chop the remaining star fruit. For salsa, in a small bowl combine the toasted cumin seed, chopped star fruit, chopped lime, poblano pepper, cilantro, and a dash of the salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with lime peel, ground red pepper, and the remaining salt.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place fish in a greased wire grill basket, tucking under any thin edges. Place basket on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning basket once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Adjust for indirect cooking over medium heat. Place fish in greased grill basket on grill rack over unlit burner. Cover and grill as above.)
- Serve the fish with salsa. Garnish with sliced star fruit. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For 4 servings:
Prepare as above, except slice 1 whole star fruit for garnish; cover and refrigerate. Chop the remaining star fruit for salsa (in step 1).
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Bass with Star Fruit Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 151 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 46 mg chol. ,
- 372 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.