Fettuccine with Baby Artichokes and Shrimp
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut off bases of baby artichokes, if using. Snap off outer leaves until pale green petals are reached. Cut off top third of an artichoke; trim the artichoke stem. Quarter artichoke lengthwise and remove fuzzy choke, if necessary. Repeat with remaining artichokes.
- In a large skillet, cook garlic in 2 tablespoons of the hot olive oil for 30 seconds; remove from skillet. Add artichokes to skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp and wine to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomatoes, broth, butter, lemon peel, salt, nutmeg and cooked pasta; heat through. Mix in the parsely and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- To serve, place bread slices in 4 shallow soup bowls. With a slotted spoon, divide pasta mixture among bowls. Add additional shrimp broth as desired. Squeeze lemon over pasta mixture. Makes 4 servings.
- In a large saucepan, combine water, the reserved shells from the 1 pound of shrimp, parsley, lemon, and ground black pepper. Bring to boiling over high heat; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Strain and set aside until serving time.
From the Test Kitchen
Ideas for Using Shrimp Broth
Add to dishes that include shrimp to boost the flavor, such as pasta, stir-fries, soup, scampi, and risotto or replace some or all of the broth in recipes.
Save shrimp shells in a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to six months.
Nutrition Facts (Fettuccine with Baby Artichokes and Shrimp)
- Per serving:
- 564 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 137 mg chol. ,
- 477 mg sodium ,
- 66 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.