Crispy Fish and Peppers
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk, egg, and Cajun seasoning. Place flour in another shallow dish. Dip fish in buttermilk and flour. Repeat to coat fish twice.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add fish to hot oil (working in batches, if necessary). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden. Add more oil, if needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain oil from skillet; wipe clean with paper towel. Add peppers to skillet and cook 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Serve fish with peppers and lemon. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Crispy Fish and Peppers)
- Per serving:
- 251 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 97 mg chol. ,
- 188 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.
Janice Pomales 1771 Days Ago
I JUST finished frying the fish in the oil. Tried a piece of fish that had already cooled and the batter is really bland. I added more seasoning, because it didn't look like enough, and even adding more, it still wasn't. The photo of the meal? DEFINITELY used a deep fryer, because there is NO WAY that came out of a pan. MIsleading.