- In each of 2 very large pots bring 5 quarts water, 1/2 cup purchased or homemade crab boil seasoning, and 2 teaspoons salt to boiling.
- Divide corn, potatoes, onions, and lemons between the 2 pots. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Rinse crabs and crawfish in water. Add crabs to one pot of boiling water. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add crawfish to the other pot. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- To serve, with a slotted spoon remove crabs, crawfish, corn, potatoes, and onions to a serving platter. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Before cooking crawfish soak them in salted water to reduce the size of the black vein that runs down the backs of the tails.
Nutrition Facts (Crab Boil)
- Per serving:
- 424 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 202 mg chol. ,
- 929 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 56 g pro.