Coconut Shrimp with Garlic
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together coconut milk, fish sauce, and white pepper. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or 12-inch skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add asparagus; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- Add half of the shrimp to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Remove shrimp from the wok. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Return all shrimp to the wok. Push shrimp from center of wok.
- Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute more or until heated through. Toss together rice and snipped cilantro or parsley. Arrange rice mixture on a serving platter or 4 individual plates. Spoon shrimp mixture over rice mixture. Serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro or parsley sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours before cooking.
Nutrition Facts (Coconut Shrimp with Garlic)
- Per serving:
- 375 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 177 mg chol. ,
- 487 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 25 g pro.