Citrus Salmon with Broccoli
- Slice half of the lemon into thin slices; set aside. Juice remaining half of lemon into a 1-cup measure; add water to equal 1/2 cup. Stir in sugar. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is golden; turn fillets. Add lemon juice mixture. Top with snipped dill and lemon slices. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet heat oil over medium heat. Quarter broccoli lengthwise into long spears; add to skillet along with garlic. Cook broccoli and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning often. Serve salmon with broccoli; pour pan juices over salmon. If desired, serve with additional lemon slices and fresh dill.
Nutrition Facts (Citrus Salmon with Broccoli)
- Per serving:
- 363 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 78 mg chol. ,
- 277 mg sodium ,
- 12 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.
everythingofcoo 1547 Days Ago
I'm going to cook it on coming weekend, hope it will be good!
Jasmin 1699 Days Ago
Substituted the lemon juice for lemon peppers and the dill for parsley. Turned out pretty good! Except that I over-simmered the salmon trying to make mashed potatoes :/ Buutttt I def enjoyed this(and my boyfriend too!) Especially the fact that it didn't take long to make!
Esmeralda Cruz Reyes 1776 Days Ago
This is a great recipe, my go-to for salmon. The only thing I do differently is use less sugar, about one teaspoon instead and add a bit of salt to the liquid. Turns out delicious!