Sausage Pizza Slab Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Unroll two packages of the pizza dough and place in the prepared baking pan, overlapping long ends slightly. Press ends together to make one sheet of dough. Roll out dough to fit the pan; press dough up sides of pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together sausage, spinach, sauce, artichoke hearts, olives, and onion. Spread evenly over dough in pan. Sprinkle with Italian-blend cheese.
- Unroll the remaining package of pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out dough into a 15-inch-long rectangle; cut lengthwise into 10 strips. Place five of the strips lengthwise on top of filling. Give pan a quarter turn; arrange the remaining five strips perpendicular to the first strips on filling, trimming to fit as necessary. Sprinkle dough strips with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover edges loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking.
From the Test Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Slab Pie:
Prepare as directed, except for filling, stir together 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces), 3/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce, and 1/2 cup sliced green onions (4). Substitute shredded Monterey Jack cheese for the Italian-blend cheese. Before serving, drizzle with 1/2 cup bottled ranch salad dressing.
Per serving: 364 cal., 18 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 51 mg chol., 975 mg sodium, 30 g carbo., 1 g fiber, 20 g pro.
Baked Potato Pizza Slab Pie:
Prepare as directed, except for filling, stir together one 20-ounce package refrigerated diced potatoes with onions, cooked according to package directions; one 15-ounce jar Alfredo pasta sauce; 8 ounces ground beef, cooked and drained; and 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled. Substitute shredded cheddar cheese for the Italian-blend cheese . If desired, top with spoonfuls of sour cream and sprinkle with snipped fresh chives before serving.
Per serving: 394 cal., 18 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 53 mg chol., 772 mg sodium, 38 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 18 g pro.
Nutrition Facts (Sausage Pizza Slab Pie)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 915 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.